Jonathan Hearsey is an experienced musculoskeletal healthcare manager with considerable NHS change management, musculoskeletal service redesign, clinical leadership, healthcare regulation and non-executive board experience.
Between 2009 and 2016, Jonathan served as a professional member of the GOsC’s council having been appointed by the Privy Council. In 2014, Jonathan was appointed chair of the Osteopathic Practice Committee having previously served on the GOsC’s Fitness to Practice Policy Committee, Finance and General Purposes Committee, Governance Working Group and Education Committee.
Current work involves;
- improving the quality, capacity and efficiency of treatment for patients suffering from musculoskeletal disorders.
- improving integration between clinical services at trust and partnership level.
- improving links between primary and secondary care, including engagement with community MSK services.
- having direct responsibility for the assessment, diagnosis and implementation of care provided departmentally.
- developing and maintaining musculoskeletal care pathways.
- the management of clinical governance including departmental risk, complaints, and clinical audit programmes.
- the development of patient education programmes and self-care materials for patients to be as part of a package of care suffering from musculoskeletal disorders.
- contributing to internal and external education programmes.
- the training, supervision and mentoring of MSK physicians, allied health professionals and interns.